Monday, 10 January 2011

Trying to Rig

Now on to rigging.. 

I tried making a rig for my rat in my other project so I kinda know what I'm doing. The only problem is that the rig my my rat failed miserably..but saying that, it was for a quadruped rig not a human rig, so this may be a bit easier. I'm not really looking forward to this at all in the slightest but all I can do is try.

Well iv'e got a auto rig tool from a website called CreativeCrash and it doesn't seem to be as bad as I thought. I just need to move the points into the correct sections and it should all be fine. Also I used another rig from the same site, but it failed miserably but this is looking up.

Yay! The tool works pretty well and creating my characters rig was a lot easier than I thought. The only problem iv'e had while doing it is that my graphics card driver keeps messing up.. so it makes Maya close every time I get anywhere near finishing the rig. I'm here now so I am so happy.. finally..

Finally my character rigged and posed.. the only problem I have had is that iv'e realized I didn't make a rig for the tail of the character.. SO! it means that the rig as it is merged part of the spine to the tail and it I try to move it too far, the tail distorts horrendously. Also the knee joints are facing the wrong way for some reason, but if I'm honest, I didn't give my self enough time to figure out why it was doing that, so that's my fault. 

I have to say all in all though, I'm happy ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment